Saturday, December 15, 2012

Fundamentals of Digital Media Reflection

Fundamentals of digital media was the first class that I have taken online. At first, I wasn't sure what to expect from an online art class. This course was very helpful, yet one of my favorite classes because it was fun to see what kind of online application we were using each week and if I could use this program outside of class. I gained knowledge using different online editing programs such as photo editing and sharing basics (Pixlr, Flickr and Animoto); making a mix down of digital audio (soundation); creating generative art (Scribbler, Scribbler Too and Flame); Typology becher grid (Pixlr); text-based art (Glass Giant ASCii, Tagxedo, Textorizer and Excoffizer); Vector Graphics- designing logos (SVG-edit); 3D model (Autodesk 123D); an artist website (Google sites) and proficiency with online backup software and a back up system to maintain and keep my computer up to date. I wouldn't have even known all these programs were available to me for free if I hadn't taken this course. During this semester I've learned of many resources I can use in the future.

I plan on pursuing a career in Biology with a minor in business. Also, I planned on opening a business of my own someday and I can use the programs I became familiar with over the course like creating a blog, creating a website, vector graphics (SVG-edit), tagxedo, proficiency using photo editing software like Pixlr, sharing software programs (Animoto and Flickr), along with problem­-solving skills. The skills I've learned throughout this semesters course are to budget my time in order to make deadlines, although, there were some assignments I've submitted past the midnight deadline but that was because I wanted to make work that was pleasant to my viewers and that I was satisfied with. Also, I need to continue working on my ability to give some substantial feedback to my peers. I'm just not that talkative unless I'm comfortable which takes time, which may also be why I wasn't that talkative. I am learning to give and get constructive criticism which I think opens your mind to think about how other artists perceive things. I really enjoyed this course and along with the help of our professor Phoebe from time to time I believe I was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment